JOIN US AT A RACE
NHRA’s open-pits policy allows fans to get an up-close-and personal view of how teams rebuild engines. Drivers are often found in their pit areas, signing autographs and chatting with fans, who have the rare opportunity to get behind the wheel themselves in a variety of racing simulators in the Nitro Alley Fan Zone. Those are just a few reasons NHRA fans continue to be some of the most loyal in any sport. Jim was a fan of the sport long before becoming a driver. He looks forward to interacting with all of the fans that attend and drop by the pit area to meet.
Jim Campbell – Funny Car
- Jim Dunn Racing celebrates 30 years with Mooneyes at Winternationals July 28, 2021
- Jim Dunn Racing kicks off Western Swing with support from Lescure Company July 12, 2021
- Sqwincher will again back Jim Dunn Racing Funny Car at Norwalk event June 23, 2021
- Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals rescheduled for July; Flav-R-Pac NHRA Northwest Nationals canceled May 14, 2021
- Kindness General Contractors joins Jim Dunn Racing at the Las Vegas race April 12, 2021
LEARN MORE ABOUT NHRA DRAG RACING
About Funny Cars
Similar to their Top Fuel counterparts but with a shorter wheelbase and a carbon-fiber body that loosely resembles a production-based automobile, Funny Cars can run in the 3.8-second range and are capable of speeds in excess of 330 mph. Funny Cars are powered by the same supercharged and fuel-injected 500-inch engines as Top Fuel dragsters. Funny Cars are also similar to Top Fuel dragsters in that they do not use a transmission but rather transmit power to the huge Goodyear rear slicks through a multistage clutch assembly that is activated by timers.